Q: I have to compare different OEE Softwares. There is a wide range of suppliers. The software should be very simple. It should be able to collect the data manual and later with a sensor. A significant data evaluation is important. Could you recommend some suppliers?
Arno Koch • This question was asked more often (see also ‘LinkedIn OEE’ forum) however there is not just one answer possible. May I make a proposal and give you some guidelines?
Proposal comparing OEE software:
After I wrote the first commercial OEE software in the 90’s, many different solutions are being developed, each with different approaches, different purposes, different solutions to all kind of issues. And of course different ‘tastes’.
The discussions about what software to use, mostly compare to ‘religious discussions’; few arguments and lots of ‘believes’.
However, I truly believe there is room for different approaches to different situations.
When looking for software that starts from a continuous improvement point of view, that can visualize all losses in a broad way and can cope with any type of equipment, I suggest you consider to look at the OEE Coach (https://oee.coach). This is the successor of the former OEE Toolkit.
Whatever you choose: make sure to check the following questions to get a good insight what you need.
Guidelines choosing OEE software:
These would be my key points from when I need to implement software;
- How long does it take to get it technically running?
- How long does it take to configure it?
- Can it cope with the different situations/needs for definitions that I am facing?
- Does it support the OEE Industry Standard?
- How friendly is it to the user/operator? (check need for training)
- Who’s solution will it be (is it IT owned, management owned or shopfloor owned)
- How deep are the possibilities to analyze losses? (beware of overkill or even non-information)
- How are losses visualized, will the user easily understand this?
- How easy is it to make quick reports/presentations?
- Does it generate the information I need when running a SGA/Kaizen event?
- What possibilities are there to visualize line/supply-chain issues?
- Does it allow also efficiency parameters to be monitored?
- Does it give sufficient feedback to operators (ie in case of errors or when interaction is needed?)
- How difficult is it to tap into machine signals?
- Can it be used for manual data-collection?
There are more points to consider, however those point hopefully lead you to the solutions that would fit your need.
Your OEE Coach is available to assist you where needed, just contact us!
Answer still not found?
If you checked all the sections in the Academy, yet still not found the answer to your question, ask it here.
To help you best, please be as specific as possible and please understand:
We do not want to reply to anonymous questions.