Follow these 8 steps to get OEE correctly implemented.
The steps will pay attention to every critical point. Details in your OEE implementation make the difference…
In this way, OEE can serve as the basis for Continuous Improvement.
More than just a measuring tool
OEE, according to the description in the book ‘OEE for the Productionteam‘, is more than just a measuring tool; it is the foundation for improving effectiveness. In order to achieve this, a number of things must be arranged properly during implementation.
8 OEE Implementation Steps do the job
- You can proceed through the eight steps described one at a time.
- Do not skip one of the steps: you will not achieve the desired effect; each step is there with a reason!
- Once OEE has been implemented, you can carry out a critical step by step evaluation in order to determine if any improvements can be made to the measuring system.
OEE Implementation Step 1: Select a (pilot) machine
Select the right machine to learn how it works and to show a success. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 2. Draw up OEE definitions
- Without the right definitions (the right way to configure your OEE), you are not going to achieve improvement.
- Do it right from the beginning; it is harder to correct it later. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 3. Define and organize OEE data-collection
- Whatever way you choose: you will need to collect the right data.
- Use this step right and you will engage those who need to be involved in order to improve.
- Do it wrong and you loose your team[more…]
OEE Implementation Step 4. Train the team
- Anyone involved by OEE, needs to have the right knowledge, attitude and skill.
- It is not difficult, not a big thing, but crucial if you want everybody on board. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 5. Collecting OEE data
After the first four steps you are ready to start: the data can now be collected. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 6. Processing OEE data
- After the data come in, they are of little use if they do not lead to the right response.
- You will need to transform ‘data‘ into ‘information‘: Charts, reports etc. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 7. Give the operators feedback
- At latest before the next shift, the team should receive the information they need to respond to.
- Without a fast and correct feedback loop, you will miss the desired change of behavior. [more…]
OEE Implementation Step 8. Inform your management
- Management needs relevant information to provide the means that are needed to improve the demonstrated situation.
- The team provides this information and expects the support of the leaders. [more…]
Each step will be explained in more detail in the next contributions.
(Source: OEE for the Productionteam buy here)
Answer still not found?
To help you best, please be as specific as possible and please understand:
We do not want to reply to anonymous questions.