Q: What is important when collecting OEE data?Although collecting OEE data is just a small part of the OEE measurement, it usually gets a lot of attention. And unfortunately often in the wrong direction…
Do not try to exclude the operator
The most common (and biggest) mistake while implementing OEE is the assumption that;
- Operators can not do this
- Operators do not need to be bothered with this
- Computers can do this without operator-involvement
Take into consideration:
- You gave the operator the responsibility over a very expensive piece of equipment
- It is the operator that actually generates the value with this equipment
- The operator is the most present person near this equipment
- And he actually presses the buttons.
Get started immediately after the kick-off meeting: directly applying the knowledge will help flesh out OEE.
Make sure that a coach is available during the first shifts to help the team get started.
Listen closely to comments: adapt the form or registration procedure if requested.
Provide immediate feedback: show the results of the first measurements right away!
Answer still not found?
If you checked all the sections in the Academy, yet still not found the answer to your question, ask it here.
To help you best, please be as specific as possible and please understand:
We do not want to reply to anonymous questions.